Below are 2 Washington issues to get involved in. The 1st is the Washington Spring Bear Season and the 2nd is the possibility of adding a 2nd Mountain Lion Tag.
- Spring Bear will be addressed on Friday June 24th at appx 340pm pst by the commission and department however the period to comment on spring bear will only be during the open public comment period Fri & Sat morning.
- The 2nd mountain lion tag discussion will be on Saturday June 25 at appx 9am pst.
Please note that the times set for each issue is only approximate.
- You can follow the meetings by watching on zoom here - https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85645886384
- Full Agenda from WDFW can be found here - https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/commission/meetings/2022/23-25june2022-fwc-agenda
In-Person Participation: Natural Resource Building 1111 Washington Street SE Olympia, WA 98501 (Fri & Sat)
If you want to provide testimony in-person, please complete a "Public Testimony" form (available at the meeting registration table) prior to the start of that agenda item. Submit your completed form to the Commission representative at the registration table prior to that agenda item. When registering to testify please provide your first and last name; what topic you would like to speak to; a valid email address, and a phone number.
Virtually by zoom:
You will need to be logged into zoom to speak - https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85645886384
Friday June 24th - Spring Bear Fri at 845am pst or Sat at 8am PST - Open Public Comment Period only
- If you want to give verbal testimony on this issue you must use this link to register - https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/commission/meetings/public-testimony - Select June 23-25 from the pull down and type in "Fri or Sat and Open Public Comment". Fill out two forms if you want to speak both Fri & Sat during the open comment periods.
- If you want to give written comment on this issue use this link - https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/commission/contact - Select Agenda #10 Spring Bear
- Here is the current Howl Action on this item as well - https://www.howlforwildlife.org/wabear2023
Saturday June 25th - 2nd Mountain Lion Tag - Sat 9am PST
- If you want to give verbal testimony on this issue you must use this link to register - https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/commission/meetings/public-testimony - Select June 23-25 from the pull down and type in "12. Cougar Rulemaking."
- Here is the current Howl Action on this item - https://www.howlforwildlife.org/savebluemntelk
Talking points for Spring Bear can be found Here
Talking points for the 2nd Mountain Lion tag can be found Here
NEW PODCAST WITH BART GEORGE ON MNT LION IN WASHINGTON